Pages

Monday 26 October 2015

A symphony in yellow

...The yellow leaves begin to fade
And flutter from the Temple elms,
And at my feet the pale green Thames
Lies like a rod of rippled jade.
Oscar Wilde


Since I came to NY, I’ve noticed that fall season feels different here. In my hometown fall is all about staying at home and sipping ginger cinnamon tea wrapped in the scratchy woolen blanket. It used to be a time for melancholy, a time when I longed to stay in the warmth of summer as it slips away. But not anymore. This New York fall totally got under my skin. It makes me feel so alive.


Fall is also the time to watch old movies! Here is the one I like: “Autumn in New York”  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn_in_New_York_%28film%29 - a fifteen-year-old movie that is totally in tune with my present mood. It’s not a masterpiece by any means, just a sweet, tear-jerking romantic story, but filmed with a loving eye for Manhattan fall exteriors. And Richard Gere, oh, boy, he’s hot. Did I mention that I am single? Well, you probably already guessed. The old-fashioned love drama spiced up by the scent of dried leafs covering the ground awoke some long-forgotten craving in me - a craving to be loved. Fall is a wonderful time apart from the fact that you desperately need someone warm by your side. So, in search of my significant other I ventured out to explore the beauties of the autumnal City...


No comments:

Post a Comment